Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Today is such a a beautiful fall day. Evidence for Heavenly Father's love for us is easily found in days like today.

Since my study yesterday morning, my mind has been occupied by a question. The questions needs to be proceeded by reading Ether 3. As I read this chapter again I tried to let my mind expand a little further than it has before in trying to understand by the spirit the significance of all that happened to the brother of Jared. I found the story thrilling, and it really made an impact on me throughout the day, and into today.

The specific question that came to my mind after reading the chapter was this: How would my view of the world, my actions, and my desires change if I were to experience what was experience by the Brother of Jared?

Allow yourself to open your mind to imagining kneeling before the living Lord Jesus Christ. How would that feel? Then Imagine having your spirit filled with intelligence concerning all things, as was the Brother of Jared's.

Such a cool thought.

How differently would I feel walking into work today after that?

How differently would I feel coming home to my wife after that experience?

How different would it feel to be sitting in a class at school with that memory in the back of my mind?

"And when the Lord had said these words, he showed unto the brother of Jared all the inhabitants of the earth which had been, and also all that would be; and he witheld them not from his sight, even unto the ends of the earth." Ether 3:35

How would I view people I see each day having seen them through the Lord's eyes in vision?






No comments:

Post a Comment